Monday, December 10, 2007

Anyone for ICE?


















I thought surfing was reserved for the sunny beaches in California, but it can be done on a frozen ice driveway in Oklahoma. The forcast called for no sun but lots of freezing rain. We enjoyed playing in the "ice" Sunday because church was canceled and again on Monday because school was canceled. Ryan lucked out and got an extra day to study for finals. Kiya really enjoyed herself. Even falling down didn't stop her. I think mom and dad got cold and wanted to go in the house before she did. We didn't measure how much ice we got on Sunday but the bulk of it came Sunday night. On monday while playing on the ice we measured the ice and it was an inch and 1/2 thick. Kiya could walk on the lawn without breaking through. The Christmas lights were encased by an inch thick ice and the tree in the front yard drooped hopelessly. If you think this tree is a sight for sore eyes. Look at the flexibility of the tree in the back yard. Don't those icicles look good enough to eat? Well Kiya sure thought they were a great treat. Served from the best place in the back yard, her playhouse! She also enjoyed an icy slide. Now that all of our HOT chocolate supply is gone, our bellies are warm and our family is happy. Maybe not Ryan, he still has finals. All joking aside we are glad to be safe and that we are not one of the 500,000 homes across Okahoma without power. We are also thankful that we were not involved in one of the 100 plus car accidents. Here are a few more pictures that you might appreciate. Oops Kiya fell!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Karlee! I'm so excited that you guys have a blog. It's so fun to see what's happening in your lives. Kiya is so big! I was thinking about you guys this week when I heard all that was happening in OK. Glad that you guys are safe. Hope the pregnancy is going well! Can you believe it's only 2 more months until we both have a baby? I'm so excited. Check out our blog at www.tommyandamy.blogspot.com See ya!

okbushmans said...

I love your pictures of the ice! Especially one of the wispy tree. That was awesome! I'm excited to see your blog also!