Friday, August 22, 2008

Riverside 5000

I finally did it. A couple of months ago Ryan and I decided to start running again. Ryan ran his first race about a month ago. I gave myself a little more time. We both ran a 5k this past saturday. Ryan had a goal to improve his time. He did! He ran it in 20:56. There were 454 total runners and he was 125th. He was 116th in the mens out of 282,7th in his age group and 3rd in his weight class. He did awesome. My first goal was to finish, my second was to run the whole time. I did both. Yeah!! I actually did better than I thought I would. I finished with a time of 33:33. I was 422 of 454 runners. 151 of 172 women. I was 9th in my age group. Ryan was able to take a few pictures of my finish. [Dad you would be so proud, I still had a great kick at the end. In fact Ryan was quite surprised. He knew I was a runner before we met, but he has never seen me run. He wants me to help him with his finishes.]


1 comment:

Julie said...

Awesome!!!!! Way to go!!!

Why did I not know this??? :)

I hope to someday be able to run a 5k and run the entire race. I'm just not being very good at the motivation and training right now. :)