Sunday, February 17, 2008

The BIG Day!



Today was a big day! A 14 and a half hour delivery day!
It took longer than we thought. (Kiya came in 8 hours)I guess we were hoping!!
No worries we though. Karlee was comfortable with her epidural. We played cards, watched movies and chatted. Ryan had some GOOD naps! The Dr. broke water at 6:30pm and then we picked up the pace. At 11:20 pm the Dr came in and said "Alright lets have a baby." We were hoping that we would not roll into the midnight hour but we were going to be close, or so we thought!


Karlee started pushing at 11:24pm and 2.5 contractions later our beautiful little baby boy was born. Ryan got to scrub in to deliver the baby, with the Dr's supervision ( of course). Ryan did a
great job in the "Catchers" position.

Mommy got to hold the baby first. He was so alert.

What a happy day!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Hello baby Brekken (cute name by the way)! Karlee you are such a trooper with that long of a labor... yikes I'd need more than an epidural to get me through that! He looks soooo cute! I love his baseball outfits too! Keep us posted and get some good rest! We love you.

okbushmans said...

That first picture of the delivery is the coolest picture ever. I think that is completely awesome that Ryan got to deliver him! And his wide-eyed picture reminds me of Kiya! What a cute family!

Allie said...

I love your pics of Brekken. He is beautiful! I bet daddy's excited to have a little pitcher in the fam!